Web 2.0 Meets Standards for 21st Century Learners
Web 2.0 Meets Standards
Track: Digital Information & Technologies
The panel will demonstrate five Web 2.0 tools, highlighting the features that support our new standards.At tables, groups will brainstorm and develop how these tools can support inquiry learning and report out. The moderator will record these ideas in a wiki designed for future growth. As a wrap up, we may go into Second Life with some librarians around the world.
Speakers: Joyce Valenza, Pam Berger, Wendy Stephens, Lisa Perez, Anita Beaman & Amy Oberts, Buffy Hamilton, Floyd Pentlin, Robin Williams
Robin will MC!
Joyce will gather stuff in the wiki
five or six minutes per presentation
* Wikis: Joyce, Cathy Jo
* Second Life: Lisa, Robin
* Digital storytelling -- Wendy Stephens
* Reading 2.0: Anita Beaman and Amy Oberts will do this one!
* Virtual Libraries: Buffy Hamilton, Joyce
* Personal information portals: Floyd
* Pam will summarize best of 2.0 sites
* David Loertscher will wrap up.
Questions for contributors:
* What tools are you using with learners to meet our standards?
* How are you using these tools?
* What tools have teachers embraced?
* What is your strategy to keep current on the latest technologies
Contributions to http://web20meetsstandards.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"